If you feel confident that you can now through mere eye contact flirt with somebody, then you may be mistaken. Though this confidence is good, you will do well to know more about some subtle and not so subtle aspects of this fine art. Given below is information that you can add to your arsenal so that you can use them in combination with what you have already mastered to succeed better at this art.
1. Flirting is healthy – Research has shown that people who regularly flirt have a higher number of white blood corpuscles and these are the ones keeping our bodies fit and free from disease. They are vital to our immune system.
2. Merely batting eyelashes is not sufficient – You will be surprised to know that thee are about 52 ‘flirting indicators’ that you can use in addition to batting your eyelashes and the flipping of hair routine is one of the most common indicators used.
3. Be aware of the legal aspect – Strange as it may seem, there exists a law against flirting and that can put you in jail for a month. There is also a law which prohibits you to look at a female with lust. You can get fined for the first offence and if you repeat the offence, you would have to wear blinders whenever you step out on the street. So you need to be careful about your flirting tendencies depending on where you are.
4. No specific time for flirting – Many individuals engage in flirting when they take the morning commute to their place of work and the amazing fact is that many drivers have admitted they do flirt with somebody on the go. The good news is that a good percentage of them manage to get a successful date due to this effort.
5. Flirting is not always physical – Another research indicates that close to 40 per cent of individuals are good at flirting online and use the email or chat facility to do so regularly.
6. How fans were used as props – It is believed that way back in Victorian times, the fan was used very creatively to indicate interest in somebody. If a fan was placed next to the heart, it meant that the opposite person has your interest. A fan half-opened and pressed to the mouth was an open invitation for a kiss. If somebody hid his or her eyes behind the fan, it meant that he or she loved you. Repeatedly spreading the fan and closing it meant a reprimand indicating cruelty and so on. It is indeed amazing how this utility item was used so constructively for a purpose other than its actual function.
7. Flirting through mobile phones – Thanks to technology and improvement in telecommunication, you can now flirt using your mobile phone and keep in touch with your partner through flirty text messages when you are away.
8. Be careful about excesses – The study by the Social Issues Research Centre indicates that one of the prevalent errors people commit while flirting is that they tend to make eye contact for a long time and that reduces the activity from being a fine classy one to something indicative of lust.
9. Every friendly gesture is not flirting – Many people tend to become very optimistic and think that the opposite person is flirting with them just because they happen to exhibit friendly behaviour
10. Flirting is a global practice – Irrespective of where a woman lives, she is always sure to welcome some attention and they all tend to follow a similar style. They would first smile, arch their brows and quickly look away and giggle. We know that even animals, fish and insects engage in flirting. So go ahead and flirt to your heart’s content.